Thursday, January 13, 2011

2 weeks old!


Ruby Kate is 2 weeks old! She is a great baby. So far she is eating and sleeping like a pro. I weighed her the other night and I think she is pretty close to 9 pounds already! Her newborn clothes and diapers still fit but I don't think they will for long! Ruby loves to cuddle up and be held but is pretty content in her bassinet as well. She is so-so on being swaddled. The last couple of nights we have been leaving her arms out and she seems to like that. So far the paci is only okay...she often gags on it but sometimes seems to really enjoy it. She will suck on her hands as well if they happen to get near her mouth!

We often have to wake her up to eat- she is still in that sleepy newborn stage, but she is starting to be awake more often and is a lot more alert then her first few days. I love to think about what is going on in her mind. She looks around and seems to study everything.


We are still waiting on her umbilical cord to fall off so she can have a real bath! I'm sure it will be any day now. We are enjoying every minute...now we know how fast they grow!

No comments: