Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh our little Eleanor....

says the funniest things!

IHOP is Ellie's restaurant of choice. You literally cannot mention it around her or she is ready to go NOW! So we recently ate at IHOP with a friend and Ellie ordered her normal "WAWA" "CHEESE" that is water and mac and cheese for those of you who don't speak toddler. The waitress brought out her water and I said "What do you say?" I don't know why I said that because really I think it is kind of a dumb question but for whatever reason I did and Ellie responded "STRAW!" demanding a straw from the poor lady. Of course we all thought this was pretty hilarious and Ellie did politely thank her upon receipt of the straw!

Ellie has recently picked up "I'm sorry." She isn't exactly sure how to use this phrase but she hears it a lot and so has recently started trying it out. I was sitting in her room a few days ago when she picked up her large barn toy. It was wedged between her bed and her rocking chair and is pretty big to maneuver. In the process of trying to get it out into the middle of the room she bumped it against the furniture to which she responded "I Sorry Farm" So cute!

Now for a weird one...we really have no idea where this came from but when Ellie has a dirty diaper she sometimes exclaims "cat poop!" So we ask her how a cat pooped in her diaper and she giggles and says "nooo" No idea where that came from!

She really is getting the hang of putting sentences together which is fascinating to watch. Often she doesn't have the connecting words but chains all kinds of words together to tell us what happened during the day or let us know what she wants to do. Other common phrases this week: "Down Me" "Up Me" "I Got It" "Love You" (Our favorite!!!)

No comments: