Monday, December 27, 2010

39 Weeks!

Wow! I don't think many people, including myself and my doctors would have thought I'd ever be making a 39 week post. Yay!! So we have one week until my due date and I'm feeling great. We are getting really excited about having a new baby- just almost can't believe it is coming so soon for sure!

This morning we braved the weather to get to a doctor's appointment. I haven't had much change since last week and the baby is actually "floating" right now which means she is less engaged than she was. The midwife thinks that she is sunny side up (turned facing the wrong way) which isn't a problem but means more back pain for me, and back labor if she doesn't turn before birth. Hopefully she'll turn on her way out.

Of course there is no telling when she'll come but it doesn't seem like she is in a hurry to get out of there! If I'm still pregnant next week they'll do a non-stress test just to make sure she is doing okay.

I have really started to get the "still pregnant?" comments, and text messages, etc. Funny! I'm really okay with the situation. I'm really very comfortable for being a week away from my due date so we are just waiting to meet our new little one! The only thing I kind of would like is a tax deduction. I know we'll either get it or miss it by one week so naturally I'd love to take it. But it isn't up to me, is it!!

No comments: