Monday, March 16, 2009

She's Back...and 11 weeks old!

Our very happy baby is pretty much back. Today she is 11 weeks old which really is amazing. She progressively has gotten out of her fussy stage throughout this week so I'm happy that it only lasted a few days. Unfortunately today she seems a little stuffed up. She is so pitiful when she eats and cries she grunts and snorts a little bit. She doesn't have a fever or anything so I'm hoping it is just a little tiny something that goes away soon. I pulled out the humidifier tonight so I hope that helps her little nose.

This has been somewhat of a big week for us. I decided to give cloth diapers a try again. I tried it when she was just a couple of weeks old and while trying to learn how to become a parent it was just too much. So this week I decided to pull them out again (they are on lend from Vera...or maybe rental. I think we'll for sure have to help with their investment in them!) So far so good...I have washed them twice and it hasn't been terrible like I expected. It is soooo nice not to have to buy so many diapers and we feel a lot better about the environmental impact so hopefully we'll stick with it. It is pretty cool how many options there are now. These diapers are fancy. They have little adjustable snaps and even a fold down for little umbilical cords of fresh babies! They are called Swaddlebees and latter on we'll try Fuzzibunz when she is a little bigger. The funny thing is they are a for sure more bulky than disposables so they giver her the cutest little or big bum! I'm sure that will be nice padding when she is learning to walk. My next adventure is going to be making some cloth wipes. When you are using cloth diapers it just seems easier for everything to be cloth so it can all be thrown the same place and handled the same way. We'll see...

We are loving, loving, loving the smiles. Every single one is precious. It's the best! She even has a little start of a squeal. Today she was laying under her little play gym and I was in the hallway folding laundry and she was just cooing and smiling at herself in the mirror. Too cute. She still isn't grabbing at things or holding anything in her hand except sometimes she grabs her pacifier (not really on purpose) I'm not sure when she'll start...being a month early means she may be a little behind on some of those things so we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: