Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

My very first official Mother's Day. Honestly it is kind of weird....but I'm super happy to be a mom. Last year I was pregnant but we didn't know it yet which is just crazy.

We had a really busy day. First thing I taught Sunday School and Jason kept the baby. He usually watches her during Sunday School and then we take her to the nursery and go to church. Well apparently Ellie wanted to spend time with her Mother on Mother's Day and threw a complete fit for Jason the entire time I was teaching...so...Jason decided we had better get her happy and we ended up feeding her, grabbing lunch and then heading out to Smithfield to see Jason's Great Grandmommie.


It was great to see Grandmommie. She hasn't seen Ellie since she was a few weeks old and so we decided to surprise her on Mother's Day. She was so sweet and so excited to see the baby. It was wonderful.

Ellie got me a beautiful necklace for Mother's Day. Great job Jason :) For my birthday last year Jason bought me a pair of blue earrings with the idea that we could give them to the baby when she was older. They were blue to match my eyes and also in case she decided she wanted to wear them for "something blue" in her wedding. So for Mother's Day Jason bought me the matching necklace. The cool thing...we picked out the earrings because of the color, didn't care about the whole birthstone thing and well--- when Jason went to get the necklace he realized that Blue Topaz is in fact the December birthstone. We NEVER thought the baby would be born in December so it was an extra sweet little detail. I love love love my earrings and necklace. It was such a nice surprise!

No comments: