Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our Visit With Great Grandma and Grandpa Fleming

Great Grandma and Grandpa Fleming went home today...and we're all sad about it! We had a wonderful two week visit with them. Ellie enjoyed not being put down to sleep and Grandpa's perfect touch at getting her to go to sleep. Missy and Milo loved having extra attention. Jason and I loved all the help with everything... Grandma helped me finish so many things that I probably never would have accomplished. We had a really fun time.

Some highlights:
Grandma made Ellie this beautiful quilt. I mentioned it earlier in a post. She used fabric scraps from a quilt I made for Jason for Valentine's Day when we were in high school. It is really neat. I promptly put it down on the floor in Ellie's room and let her check out the very cool black, white, and red. She loves it! It really is sooo special!


Grandma, Grandpa and I made kolaches. They are a pastry made from yeast dough with fruit in the center. Grandma helped me make the dough and then Grandpa and I rolled them out while Grandma held Ellie and she watches us work. They are a treat that I remember from the time I was very tiny. My Great Grandma Halupnik used to make them and gave us each a little dixie cup of cherries!
It was such a fun visit and we can't wait to see them again!

No comments: