Well we had a new experience this morning... when Ellie woke up for her 3:30 AM feeding I realized it was extremely dark in our room. Shortly we figured out that the power was out. So Jason scrambled to find some flashlights and a candle...luckily we had our cell phones with backlights to get around! So together we managed to change her diaper by candlelight and then feed her. I called Progress Energy and the power came back on about 9 AM...I'm not sure what happened. Our neighbor suggested that we should have used a headlamp to get that diaper changed!
On other news, we went to dress Ellie this morning in the cute little preemie outfit that we bought the day we came home from the hospital. We got her arms in it and then went to snap up the legs and it was too short! So she is growing for sure.
Ellie's favorite activities right now are following things with her eyes (it is pretty cool to watch things pass by!), grabbing her pacifier out of her mouth (which makes her very mad by the way), and she is still quite the cuddle bug. Her neck is getting pretty strong and she lifts her head up for a few seconds at a time testing it out.
Everyone asks how she sleeps and really she does very well. Lately she has been wide awake around 11-12 which is generally when we are going to sleep but we are trying to keep her awake a little more in the 7-9 PM range so that she is sleepier later on. Other than that she generally sleeps 3-4 hours wakes up, eats and goes right back to sleep. I'm a little worried about the habit I'm getting into of going back to sleep after her early morning feeding until sometimes 10:30-11. I know that will be hard to break when I go back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment